Each year the legal community and people across the nation celebrate Law Day USA on May 1. Law Day provides an opportunity for all Americans to celebrate and learn about our country's court system.
The Mississippi Bar's 2015 Law Day theme is - "Magna Carta: Symbol of Freedom Under Law"
Perhaps more than any other document in human history, Magna Carta has come to embody a simple but enduring truth: No one, no matter how powerful, is above the law. In the eight centuries that have elapsed since Magna Carta was sealed in 1215, it has taken root as an international symbol of the rule of law and as an inspiration for many basic rights Americans hold dear today, including due process, habeas corpus, trial by jury, and the right to travel. As we mark the 800th anniversary of Magna Carta, join us on Law Day, May 1, 2015, to commemorate this “Great Charter of Liberties,” and rededicate ourselves to advancing the principle of rule of law here and abroad.
2015 Entry Form Flyer
- 1st -3rd place awards will be presented to winners at each school. 1st place winners from each school will be judged for statewide awards.
- The contest will be judged at each grade level (K - 12).
- Statewide winners will be presented with award certificates and artwork will be displayed in the Capitol during Law Week, April 27 - May 1, and also presented in the summer issue of The Mississippi Lawyer magazine.
- Artwork must be submitted on an 11" x 14" poster board (1/4 of a standard-sized poster board) and received by April 2, 2015.
- Artwork must be student's own work; no tracings, no glitter, no coloring pages from internet or anywhere else where outlines are already drawn.
- Artwork must reflect the theme -"Magna Carta: Symbol of Freedom Under Law"
- All mediums accepted. Creativity is awarded. Color is preferred.
- Each 11" x 14" poster must have the label from the flyer (which can be enlarged) affixed to the back of the artwork that provides the required judging and contact information.
- Organize Entries by grade before submitting.
For more information, please contact Krissa Dobbins Easley at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Statewide Winners Artwork Gallery
2014 Statewide Winners
2014 Contest Winners by Grade
2014 Contest Winners by School
2013 Statewide Winners & 2013 Statewide Winners Artwork
2012 Statewide Winners
2011 Statewide Winners