How do I get the court to appoint me an attorney? How can I remove a court appointed attorney?

Appointing attorneys to indigent criminal defendants is handled solely by the Circuit Court, Mississippi Supreme Court, or by the appropriate federal court.  The Mississippi Bar cannot appoint, assign, refer, or recommend attorneys to any one in any type of case, civil or criminal. 

Only the judge appointing the attorney to a case can remove that attorney upon request of the client and/or the attorney.  Removal of an attorney and the appointment of a new attorney is strictly up to the judge.