How do I submit a request for additional time to respond to a Bar complaint?

A request for additional time must be submitted in writing and must articulate the reason for seeking an extension.  You may submit your written request by mail, facsimile to 601-608-7869 or email to  The Office of General Counsel grants additional time to respond based upon the specific need stated by the attorney as well as the complexity of the Bar complaint.  It also considers the date of the next Committee meeting and whether additional time would delay the Committee's consideration of the Bar complaint.  In unique circumstances, additional time may be granted on more than one occasion.  The granting of additional time is in the sole discretion of the Office of General Counsel.