Take advantage of this new 6-hour package of free on-demand CLEs provided by the Bar. Topics include:
- Appellate Courts Update: Judge John Emfinger, Mississippi Court of Appeals, provides an update on caselaw from both the Mississippi Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
- Chancery Court Uniform Rules Overview and Guidance: Judge Denise Owens, Judge Tiffany Grove, and Judge Crystal Wise Martin, of the Hinds County Chancery Court, present an overview of best practices and the Uniform Chancery Court Rules.
- Circuit Court: A Criminal Law Update: Judge Kelly Luther, Third Circuit Court District, provides updates on criminal caselaw for Circuit Court practitioners.
- County and Youth Court Updates: This hour is divided into two parts. In the first half, Judge Allen Couch, DeSoto County Court, and Judge Brad Touchstone, Lamar County Court, provide an update on County Court. In the second half, Judge Mike Dickinson, Harrison County Youth Court, and Judge Staci Bevill, Lee County Court, give an overview of Youth Court practice.
- Using Technology in the Legal Field: Megan McGrew, MB Technology Committee Chair, and Adam Kilgore, MB General Counsel, provide this Ethics hour which focuses on legal ethics and using technology.
- Assisting Self-Represented Litigants within the Rules and A Perspective on Lawyer Well-Being: This hour is divided into two parts. In the first half, Access to Justice Initiative Director Nicole McLaughlin presents on assisting self-represented litigants within the rules. The second half is a perspective on lawyer well-being presented by Hank Ros of Currie Johnson & Meyers PA and provided on behalf of the Bar's Lawyers and Judges Assistance Program.
To register, log in through your Attorney Login on the Bar's homepage. After logging in, the CLEs can be found under Events, and links to each CLE will be sent via email. These CLEs will be available through September 1, 2022.