Enrollment fee invoices are mailed in August each year. The Bar's fiscal year is August 1 through July 31. Payments are made to The Mississippi Bar.
2016-2017 Membership Fee Structure
Membership fees are divided into the following categories:
Active – Admitted before 8/1/2013
Active 3rd Year – between 8/1/2013 and 7/31/2014
Active 2nd Year – between 8/1/2014 and 7/31/2015
Active 1st Year – 8/1/2015 and 7/31/2016
Exemption Status: (MS Code 73-3-125, 1972)
• Active Exempt: members over the age of seventy-five (75)
• Judges: Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Circuit, Chancery and County, US Magistrates, Judges of the Bankruptcy Courts and Federal Courts and Federal Administrative Judges
• Inactive Disability: Lawyers retired from the practice of law due to age, serious illness or permanent disability.
To request a change of status, download one of the following forms and send to Membership Records, The Mississippi Bar, P.O. Box 2168, Jackson, MS 39225-2168.
• Change of Status--Active to Inactive
• Change of Status--Inactive to Active
Penalty for Non-payment of Membership Fees/Reinstatement
Under Mississippi Law (73-3-127 MCA (1972)), members failing to pay enrollment fees 90 days after notices have been mailed are suspended from membership in The Mississippi Bar. To be reinstated following suspension, Mississippi law requires payment of delinquent fees and a penalty (for each year remaining suspended) in an amount equal to one-half (1/2) of the delinquent fee.
For more information, contact Nikki McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-355-4619.